Come On In...

Welcome to Reiki Retreat! A place for both the novice and seasoned Reiki practitioner to drop by for inspiration, information, and ideas. My hope it to have an engaging community where lightworkers gather and share what we are doing as we move ahead in these exciting days of spiritual evolution..

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Using Reiki with the Elderly

REIKI STORY...

My neighbor, who is 86, has had knee, back and open heart surgeries in the last five years is doing well. I have done her (given her a Reiki treatment) the last four days, not yesterday as she had her stress test, and I'm supposed to do her again today.


She really enjoys the Reiki treatments. She slept pretty soundly through her last one. I did her last one on her back -- one to try something new and two to see if it would make any difference for her as balance seems to be a problem.


One things I did notice. I don't know if this is because of her age, but "reading" her (scanning) is more difficult. I have to really concentrate. Where on my horse, kids, or husband my hands can be fairly far off them and it's easy to read them. Also, she had , no kidding, a cold breeze over her buttocks. She feels great after each time.


The first time I did her on the table at her house she was concerned if someone would come by what would I do. I said I would stop. The next day she said, if someone comes just ignore them!! She wanted me to continue! Submitted by Paula D.


And here is the rest of it.

No comments: